- General Information
- Wireless Information
- Agent Console (Network Agents Only)
- Scheduled Test Information
- Path Analysis Information
In the Agents tab, NetBeez offers a detailed view of each deployed agent. The detailed view provides statistics, averages, ongoing and recent incidents associated with the Agent, and a comprehensive graph of tests it is running, by Target and test type. The detailed view also displays both current and recent alerts pertaining to the currently selected Agent and provides access to the Agent Console, which enables you to run additional tests and commands on the Agent. For Wi-Fi network agents, information about wireless performance metrics and available SSIDs is also available.
The General tab, which is the default tab, displays the following:
The Agent Stats section displays information about the Agent itself, such as
- Interfaces information
- IPv4 Address
- IPv6 Address
- External IPv4 Address
- MAC address
- Tx/Rx bits
- Interface naming varies based on agent type
- Agent Groups the agent is assigned to
- Hopping Groups the agent is assigned to
The Incident section displays information about ongoing and recent incidents over the last twenty-four hours associated with the Agent. The incident occurrence is represented as a timeline visualization. To see more information about an incident or interact with the incident, click the blue bar representing the incident to show its details. Here, you will be able to acknowledge or comment on the incident.
The test grid displays the current status of the tests the Agent is conducting. Each cell in the grid represents a test between the Agent and a Target resource. For more information about the test, click on the cell to open the test details.
If the Agent is in a Hopping Group, there will be a separate test grid for each WiFi network it is monitoring. These test grids will be displayed within collapsible elements.
If a wifi agent has a target assigned that has wired tests on wifi sensors enabled, there will be a separate grid with the wired tests. Click here for more information about wired tests on wifi sensors.
If an agent has a VPN interface and is set up with a target to run tests over VPN, there will be a separate grid with the VPN tests:
This section displays the alerts triggered by an Agent. Clicking on a test on the Agent Tests grid will filter alerts by that test.
The Wireless tab displays the following:
- Network Interface Information (Network Agents Only) - This section displays real-time information about the WiFi network to which the wireless Agent is currently connected and the Hopping Group to which it is assigned.
- Available SSIDs - The SSIDs of nearby WiFi networks that the Agent can detect. To get a list, click Load List. This feature is useful for detecting rogue networks and access points.
- Wireless Connection Timing (Network Agents Only) - The WiFi Connection Timing feature reports how long it takes for WiFi Beez to connect to one WiFi network. View more information HERE.
- Wireless Performance Metrics - In this section, graphs display real-time data on:
- TX/RX Rate
- Signal Strength
- Link Quality - Windows and Network Agents Only
- Bit Rate
- MCS - Mac Only
- Noise - Mac Only
Additional statistics are displayed to the right of the graphs. Disruptions in wireless connectivity will be denoted by association points that indicate when the wireless connection became available/unavailable. These indicators also appear when the Agent hops between networks. For more information about association events, hover over the circle to summon a tooltip. To access historical wireless performance metrics for the Agent, click View History above the graphs.
- Agent Logs (Network Agents Only) - The Wireless tab displays Agent logs in place of alerts. Agent logs include DHCP and WPA_Supplicant events in addition to wireless alerts. Agent logs are filterable by date range, severity, and source, and searchable by event code and message.
Console Tab (Network Agents Only)
On network agents, dashboard administrators have access to the agent's console to run CLI commands if needed.
Scheduled Test Tab
This tab shows scheduled test information for the agent. First select the scheduled test template (Iperf, Network Speed, VoIP), then select the timeframe.
To learn more about scheduled tests, please see these scheduled test resources:
Path Analysis Tab
The Path Analysis feature augments the existing traceroute capability for more accurate, real-time visibility on equal-cost multi-path network topologies, such as the Internet.
To learn more about path analysis, please see: Path Analysis