Configure NetBeez to send traps to an SNMP trap receiver. NetBeez generates a failed alert message when a ping, DNS or HTTP test does not receive a reply for a certain number of times (trigger interval). By default, the trigger interval is set to five (5) seconds but can be changed (see: Change Alert Trigger Interval). The trigger interval also defines how many times a failed test must be successful before being considered successful again.
To enable email alerts via SNMP:
- Access NetBeez Settings by clicking the gray cog icon in the upper right of the dashboard
- Access the SNMP tab and click or slide button to the On position.
- Insert the following information:
- SNMP server (required): The IP address or fully qualified hostname of the SNMP server.
- Trap port (required): Most of the server will use port 162.
- Version (required): NetBeez supports only v.1 or v.2c.
- Read-Only Community (required): Specify the name of the read-only community.
- Select the items for which you would like to receive SNMP notifications. The options are incidents and alerts.
- Click Save Settings.
- Click Send Test Trap to test the applied configuration.
Once SNMP is configured, every test will generate SNMP alerts.