NetBeez can be configured to send traps to an SNMP trap receiver.
To enable email alerts via SNMP:
- Access NetBeez Settings by clicking the gray cog icon in the upper right of the dashboard
- Access the SNMP Notification Settings tab and click or slide the button to the On position.
- Input the following information:
- SNMP server (required): The IP address or fully qualified hostname of the SNMP server.
- Trap port (required): Default is port 162.
- Version (required): NetBeez supports only v.1 or v.2c.
- Read-Only Community (required): Specify the name of the read-only community.
- Select the items for which you would like to receive SNMP notifications. The options are incidents and alerts.
- Click Save Settings.
- Click Send Test Trap to test the applied configuration.
Once SNMP is configured, every test will generate SNMP alerts.