Configure NetBeez to send traps to an SNMP trap receiver. NetBeez generates a failed alert message when a ping, DNS or HTTP test does not receive a reply for a certain number of times (trigger interval). By default, the trigger interval is set to five (5) seconds but can be changed (see Change Alert Trigger Interval). The trigger interval also defines how many times a failed test must be successful before being considered successful again.
To enable email alerts via SNMP:
- Access NetBeez Settings by clicking the gray cog icon in the upper right of the dashboard
- Access the SMTP tab and click or slide button to the On position.
- Insert the following information:
- SNMP server (required): The IP address or fully qualified hostname of the SNMP server.
- Trap port (required): Most of the server will use port 162.
- Version (required): NetBeez supports only v.1 or v.2c.
- Read-Only Community (required): Specify the name of the read-only community.
- Select the items for which you would like to receive SNMP notifications. The options are incidents and alerts.
- Click Save Settings.
- Click Send Test Trap to test the applied configuration.
Once SNMP is configured, every test will generate SNMP alerts.