NetBeez enables users to define alerts with several parameters, assign them to Tests, and receive notification when an alert is triggered.
Add/Edit Alert Profiles
- Access the Alert Profiles Tab in the NetBeez Settings.
- To create a new Alert Profile, click the plus sign icon in the bottom table row. To edit an existing Alert Profile, click on the corresponding cog icon. A new window will appear, titled Create Alert Profile (or Edit Alert Profile).
- Input a Name and select the Alert Type. The available Alert Types are Up-Down, Performance Baseline, and Performance Watermark.
- Up-down Alerts are triggered when a user-determined number of consecutive tests fail. Up-down Alerts can be applied to ping, DNS, or HTTP tests.
To configure an Up-Down test, select Up-Down from the Alert Type select menu.
Input the number of consecutive failed tests to trigger the alert, and select the type of test from ping, DNS, and HTTP.
- Performance Baseline Alerts are triggered when performance deviates from the average baseline performance beyond a user-determined margin.
To configure a Performance Baseline Alert, select Performance Baseline from the Alert Type select menu.
Select the metric. Metrics supported by Performance Baseline Alerts are Packet Loss (PING), RTT (ping), Failed Test (DNS), Lookup Time (DNS), Failed Test (HTTP), and Response Time (HTTP).
Select the time period over which to measure performance.
Input a multiplier. This multiplier allows for measurement of performance in relational, rather than numerical terms.
Select the comparison period.
- Performance Watermark Alerts are triggered when performance crosses a user-determined performance threshold, such as a certain percentage of packet loss.
To configure a Performance Watermark Alert, select Performance Watermark from the Alert Type select menu.
Select the metric. Metrics supported by Performance Watermark Alerts are Packet Loss (PING), RTT (ping), Failed Test (DNS), Lookup Time (DNS), Failed Test (HTTP), and Response Time (HTTP).
Select the time period over which to measure performance. Input a threshold value. The unit of this value depends on the metric selected.
Attach Alert Profile to Tests
Performance Alert Profiles can be attached to one or more applicable Resources.
- Access Target Setup and locate the Alerts Configuration section. Alerts will be shown in a table.
- Select the Alert Profile you would like applied to the Resource by clicking the checkbox in the column for that Resource. Only applicable Alert Templates will be clickable.
- Click Save.
On Agent Alerts
When the server loses/re-establishes connectivity to an agent, an alert is triggered. This type of alerts can be also sent via email or SNMP trap.
To receive an email notification, the email recipient of the alert has to be added in the "Default emails" field under the SMTP Alerts configuration panel (see below).
Configure Alert Notifications
You can choose to be notified via SMTP or SMNP when Performance Alerts are triggered. You can also configure alerts to be sent as syslog messages. For more details about configuring Alert notifications, please see: