- Managing User Accounts
- Role-based access for Agent Interactive Console
- Changing the password of a user account
- Public Report Settings
NetBeez supports multiple user accounts with different privileges and roles. The existing user roles are the following:
- Administrator - Accounts in this group have full privileges on the application and can manage user accounts.
- Read-write - Accounts in this group have full privileges on the application but cannot manage user accounts.
- Read-only - Accounts in this group have limited privileges on the application as they can read and access test results but cannot create any new tests or modify the agents' configuration.
Managing User Accounts
The user management panel is accessible to Administrators. To access the user management panel:
- Open Settings by clicking on the gray cog icon in the upper right.
- Click on the User Management tab.
- Via the User Management panel, it is possible to:
Create a new user account
- Click on the + sign
- Input the following information (required *):
Modify an existing user account
- Click on the gear located on the right side of the account entry.
- An Edit user window will appear. From here you can modify:
- First Name
- Last Name
Delete an existing user account
- Click on the red button on the right side of the account entry.
Role-based access for Agent Interactive Console
Role-based access to the agent interactive console allows admins to customize the level of access and permissions granted to each user. This feature provides greater control over the way users interact with the platform, allowing read-write and read-only users to also access the console, depending on your organization's needs.
- Click on Interactive Agent Console Permissions
- Toggle which users you would like to have access to the interactive console
- Click Save
After setting permissions, designated users will have access or not be able to access the interactive console on the agent details pages. Users who do not have access to the interactive console will not see the tab on the agent details. Please note, that the interactive console is not available for remote worker agents regardless of global permissions. Please visit the agent console page for more information.
Changing the password of a user account
There are two ways to change a password for a user. The first is by inputting the email address of the account whose password needs to be changed and then clicking on the "Forgot username or password?" link.
You will receive an email with a link to a password reset form. The reset form will require that you answer the security question configured during the initial account configuration. After completing this form, you will be redirected to the dashboard login screen.
The second way to change a password for a user is through the User Profile tab.
Public Report Settings
Reports can be configured to be generated at a set schedule (cron style) and emails will be sent out to a list of emails you specify. Admin users are able to specify if the reports are visible to the public or only logged-in NetBeez users with this setting.