A NetBeez Agent can be manually reset to the factory default. This is an extreme measure. You should not attempt to manually reset an Agent unless instructed to do so by NetBeez support.
If you are executing this procedure to update the NetBeez central server's address to which the Agent should report, please make sure that the Agent is connected to the Internet.
To reset an Agent to factory default settings, follow this procedure:
- Plug the Agent into a power supply and wait two minutes to make sure the boot process completes. Note: DON'T plug in the USB thumb drive before two minutes pass from the power-up.
- Plug a USB thumb drive into one of the USB ports on the Agent (the thumb drive doesn't need any particular formatting, plugging it in signals to the agent to reset itself - the thumb drive is not read or written).
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Remove the USB thumb drive.
- Reboot the Agent by unplugging it from the power and waiting until all LEDs turn off, then plug it back in.
- The Agent is now reset to the default configuration.
Note: This function is not available on Agents using the Raspberry Pi image downloaded from our documentation (see: Install NetBeez Agents).
Note: To reassign the Agent to a different dashboard, please run the installation script with the new secret key.