A NetBeez agent can be manually reset to the factory default. This is an extreme measure. You should not attempt to manually reset an agent unless instructed to do so by NetBeez support.
If you are executing this procedure to update the NetBeez central server's address that the agent should report to, please make sure that the agent has connectivity to the Internet.
To reset an agent to factory default settings, follow this procedure:
- Plug the agent to the power supply and wait 120 seconds to make sure the boot process completes.
- Plug a USB thumb drive into one of the USB ports on the agent.
- Wait for up to 30 seconds.
- Remove the USB thumb drive.
- Reboot the agent by unplugging the power and waiting until all LEDs turn off.
- The agent is now reset to the default configuration.
Please note: This function is not enabled on free tier images downloaded from our website. To change the configuration settings, please run the installation script with the new secret key.