It is possible to conduct an ad-hoc speed test on an individual agent via the Agent Console.
To run a speed test on the Agent Console:
- Open the Agent Details of the agent.
- Navigate to the Agent Console Tab
- Download the speedtest-cli Python script by pasting the following line into the console:
curl -s -Lo /usr/bin/speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest_cli.py
- Set the executable bit to the speedtest-cli script:
chmod +x /usr/bin/speedtest-cli
- Run the script. Optionally, add the
--simpleoption to prevent the full command output from being printed line by line.
Read more about running speed tests on the agent console here: