Integrating NetBeez with Slack enables you to automatically receive alert notifications on a Slack channel. The following instructions will walk you through the process.
Note: You must have administrator privileges in Slack.
- Access Apps & Integrations in your Slack instance’s settings menu.
- On the Slack Apps page, click Manage in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Custom Integrations tab and then on Incoming Webhooks.
- Click on the Add Configuration button.
- Choose an existing channel or create a new channel to which NetBeez will post alert notifications.
- Once you choose or create a channel, you will be provided with a Webhook URL. Copy this URL and paste it into the Webhook URL field in the Slack Integration section in Integrations in NetBeez Settings. Click Save.
- Back on Slack, customize the description and assign your new NetBeez bot a relevant username. Additionally, you can optionally customize the icon (there’s a bee emoji, because bees are cool, and here’s an icon-sized NetBeez logo you can grab).
- Click Save Settings in Slack.