Voice Over IP (VoIP) is a group of network technologies and methodologies used to send voice communications over IP networks like the Internet. NetBeez can monitor the speed and quality of VoIP communications.
Scheduled VoIP Test Tab
With NetBeez, VoIP tests can be configured and scheduled to run at a user-defined interval. On the VoIP Test Tab under Tests, you can view existing speed tests or add a new one.
Scheduled VoIP Test Details
To view the details of a specific scheduled VoIP test, click on the corresponding table entry on the VoIP Test Tab. This will launch the Scheduled VoIP Test Details.
The Scheduled VoIP Test Details displays current and historical data about the test. In the first panel, the visual slider displays aggregate performance data about the test over time and serves as a means to access information on past test runs. For VoIP tests, the slider’s metrics include bandwidth (mbps), packet loss (%), and jitter (ms). The default selection is the most recent test run. The second panel displays per-agent performance information about the selected test run - a graph displaying and comparing per-agent upload and download speeds and per-agent latency results. Upon clicking on an agent from the list of agents in the test, a third panel will open, which displays the historical data of that particular agent over time.
Setting Up a Scheduled VoIP Test
To create a new scheduled VoIP test, click the Add Scheduled VoIP Test bar on the VoIP Test Tab. Follow these steps to configure your test:
- Select Source Agents and Destination Server on which the test will be conducted. The agents act as the transmitters and the destination server acts as the receiver.
- Configure the test settings
- Enter the desired duration of the test (expressed in minutes)
- Schedule the test
- If you want the test to run at a regular interval, select the Periodic scheduling option.
- Input a number and select the time unit (minutes, hours, days, and weeks).
- Optionally, you can choose to set the interval start time. If you do not set the interval start time, the test will first run upon saving and creating the scheduled Iperf test.
- If you need greater control over when and how often the test runs, select the Custom scheduling option.
- Select the time at which the test is to run. If you need the test to run at an additional time (e.g. at 2:00 AM and again at 8:00 AM), click the Plus button to access additional time input fields.
- Choose whether you would like the test to run daily or on select days, in which case, check which days.
- Click Save