On networks that use the 802.1X standard for device authentication, it may be necessary to authenticate wired Agents to the network. The 802.1X authentication procedure is described in the following steps:
- From the Agent View, select the Agent you would like to authenticate.
- Go to the Agent's Console Tab from the Agent Details.
- Gain root access:
- Set the Agent's root partition to read-write:
mount -o remount,rw /
- Use the following command to create a supplication WPA configuration file for the Agent's Ethernet interface:
- Within the file, edit the configuration based on the required authentication type:
- Update the /etc/network/interfaces file and add the pre-up statement under the interface eth0 statement:
iface eth0 inet dhcp
pre-up wpa_supplicant -B -Dwired -t -i eth0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant_wired.conf -f /var/log/netbeez/wpa_supplicant_wired.log