This article describes how to:
- Request a NetBeez dashboard and a 30-day evaluation license
- Deploy the NetBeez Cisco app on Catalyst 9000 via the Cisco DNA platform
- A Cisco DNA platform version 126.96.36.199 or later [ Cisco DNA release notes ]
- Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series switch running IOS-XE 16.12.1
- Front-panel USB stick of 128GB for Catalyst 9300 Series switch
- A DHCP server or a static IP address for the VM
- If you are not familiar with NetBeez, please request a demo or visit https://netbeez.net
- Consult the NetBeez online documentation or the YouTube channel (“How To” section)
- Other resources:
- Request a 30-day trial license for a dedicated NetBeez dashboard hosted in the cloud at https://resources.netbeez.net/netbeez-cisco-evaluation
- Within 24 hours of your request, you will receive a confirmation email with the instructions needed to access your cloud dashboard and activate NetBeez on Cisco DNA.
- Import the NetBeez Cisco app downloaded at Step 3 into your Cisco DNA. Follow the documented flow to install the Netbeez app. You will need the secret key received in Step 2 during the app installation.
- The secret key is used by the NetBeez Cisco App to download and apply configuration settings from the cloud. If you have an internal HTTPS proxy, please include this information in this step.
- On the NetBeez dashboard, create monitoring Targets and schedule network performance tests.
Deployment on Cisco DNA - Step by Step
1. Download the NetBeez docker agent image on your local laptop.
Download the latest docker image of the NetBeez agent:
docker pull netbeez/nb-agent
Save the downloaded NetBeez docker agent as a tar archive:
docker save netbeez/nb-agent > netbeez.tar
You can now either copy the netbeez.tar to a USB thumb drive (option 2.1) or upload it to an SCP server (option 2.2).
2. Upload the NetBeez docker agent on DNAC.
3. Install the NetBeez agent application.
4. Select the Cisco switches where the application should be installed.
5. Review the device's configuration and apply settings as needed.
6. Specify the NetBeez Secret Key (find that on your NetBeez dashboard) and HTTPS proxy settings if applicable (optional).
7. Confirm your configuration settings.
8. Confirm the app installation.
9. Agents deploying on the selected devices.
10. The agent successfully deployed.