NetBeez customers can deploy a NetBeez server instance on their own AWS infrastructure. The following procedure explains how to do this.
Step 1: Launch an AWS instance using the NetBeez Server AMI
- Locate your AWS Account ID (follow this guide).
- Send your AWS Account ID to your NetBeez Customer Success or Account Manager.
- NetBeez will privately share with you the AMI of the NetBeez server.
- Launch an AWS EC2 instance selecting the AMI shared with you. Here are some tips:
- Instance size: Minimum requirements are 2 vCPU and 4GB of RAM. Consult NetBeez to select the instance type based on your installation size. Here's the list of available AWS instances (M4 type recommended).
- IP Address: Don't let AWS assign a public IP address when you launch the instance. You must assign an EIP (Elastic IP) to your instance once it's launched. If you don't do so, your instance will be assigned a new public IP address each time it is rebooted.
- Storage: Make sure you have enough disk space to host your historical data. The minimum space required is 50GB.
- Security Group: Create a security group for your NetBeez instance that will allow the following rules:
- Outbound: All.
- Inbound: TCP/22 (SSH), TCP/443 (HTTPS), and TCP/20018 (server-agent communication).
Step 2: Request SSL certificates
- Communicate your instance's FQDN to NetBeez.
- NetBeez will send you instructions to apply the SSL certificates to your instance.
- One set of SSL certificates are needed to secure the HTTP server.
- Another set of SSL certificates are needed to secure the communication channel between the Agents and the dashboard.
Step 3: Activate your NetBeez installation.
- Follow the first run wizard to complete the activation of your dashboard.
AWS Instance types based on number of agents
Below are the suggested instance types based on the number of agents managed by the dashboard. Please keep in mind that instance requirements change based also on the number of tests running, as well as type and interval. .
|Number of agents||Instance size|