WiFi sensors have the ability to run real-time tests on the ethernet interface. Wired tests on WiFi are enabled on a per-target basis. If enabled on a target with WiFi sensors assigned to it, those sensors will run that target's tests on the WiFi as well as the wired interface simultaneously. This feature is only available on the Network WiFi agents.
Setting Up Wired Tests on WiFi Sensors
There are two ways to enable wired tests on WiFi sensors: create a new target or edit an existing target.
Create a New Target
1. Navigate to the Target tab and then click Add Target.
2. On step 3 of the Target Setup Wizard, toggle the ON/OFF switch.
3. Complete the Target Setup Wizard.
Edit an Existing Target
1. Click on the Target tab and select a target.
2. Click on the cog and then Edit Target.
3. Toggle the ON/OFF switch next to Enabled Wired tests on WiFi agents.
4. Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Accessing Test Results
1. Click the Agents tab and click an agent with Wired Tests on WiFi Sensors enabled.
2. Observe an additional section with the Wired on Wireless test results.