WiFi sensors have the ability to run real-time tests on the ethernet interface. Wired tests on WiFi are enabled on a per-target basis. If enabled on a target with WiFi sensors assigned to it, those sensors will run that target's tests on the WiFi as well as the wired interface simultaneously. This feature is only available on the Network WiFi agents.
Setting Up Wired Tests on WiFi Sensors
There are two ways to enable wired tests on WiFi sensors: create a new target or edit an existing target.
Create a New Target
1. Navigate to the Target tab and then click Add Target.
2. On step 3 of the Target Setup Wizard, Wired/Wireless checkboxes can be checked to indicate which interface the tests will occur on. Wireless agents can run on only the wired interface, only the wireless interface, or both wired and wireless interfaces.
3. Complete the Target Setup Wizard.
Edit an Existing Target
1. Click on the Target tab and select a target.
2. Click on the cog and then Edit Target.
3. Wired/Wireless checkboxes can be checked to indicate which interface the tests will occur on. Wireless agents can run on only the wired interface, only the wireless interface, or both wired and wireless interfaces.
4. Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Remote worker agents are not able to utilize the wired and wireless options. After selecting wired or wireless, a warning sign will show next to any remote workers indicating default routing will be used if wired or wireless is selected.
Accessing Test Results
1. Click the Agents tab and click an agent with Wired Tests on WiFi Sensors enabled.
2. Observe an additional section with the Wired on Wireless test results.