Agents connecting to the dashboard report their external IP address, which is then used to determine the following information:
- Internet Service Provider (ISP) name
- Autonomous System Number (ASN)
This information can help reduce troubleshooting time by making it easy to identify ISP issues affecting multiple remote agents.
Multi-interface agents, such as the Wi-Fi agent, may report two different external IP addresses, one for the control interface (eth0) and one for the testing interface (wlan0). In that situation, the server will use the external IP addressed associated with the control interface to determine the ISP and ASN of that agent.
Agent List View
To view and filter ISP and ASN on the agent list view, do the below steps:
1. Navigate to the agent list view, by clicking on the Agents tab:
2. To enable the ISP and ASN columns, click on the Columns button:
3. Click the checkboxes next to ISP and ASN and click Apply:
4. Now ISP and ASN columns will be visible on the agent list view:
The ISP and ASN information are available on the agent details view as well. Click on any agent and view the information in the header: