Targets can be configured to run tests only when the VPN interface is connected on assigned agents. This helps eliminate false positive alerts in NetBeez when performing tests that only exist while connected to a VPN.
Agents that do not have a VPN interface and are assigned to a target running tests on VPN, no tests will be run until the endpoint detects a VPN interface.
Setting Up VPN
There are two ways to enable VPN monitoring: create a new target or edit an existing target.
Create A New Target
1. Navigate to the Target tab and then click Add Target.
2. On step 3 of the Target Setup Wizard, select the radio button next to VPN.
3. Complete the Target Setup Wizard.
Edit An Existing Target
1. Click on the Target tab and select a target.
2. Click on the cog and then Edit Target.
3. Click the VPN radio button.
4. Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Only agents with a VPN interface will run tests while VPN is selected. After selecting VPN a warning message will appear next to any agents that do not have a VPN interface.
Accessing Test Results
1. Click the Agents tab and click an agent with VPN monitoring enabled.
2. Observe an additional section with the VPN test results.